50 Questions To Really Get To Know Your Other Half
In my personal opinion, the age of technology is killing face to face conversation and teaching us that celebrity catchphrases, half-hearted one word conversations and snapchats are the way to communicate with others.
We don't write letters anymore, cards are a rarity unless it's an occasion like a birthday and too many times I see friends, families and couples out for a meal/in public just staring down at their phones constantly or taking pictures instead of talking to one another and making memories!
And on occasion when I do hear people discussing their relationships with others, all I hear is about how 'fit' they are or about their new car and how they've argued about him/her liking someone's Insta pics. It makes me wonder sometimes just how much people get to know one another these days... and whether connections go deeper than just looks and physical attraction.
I personally love getting to know someone and exploring their mind to find out what makes them truly happy, what their hopes and dreams are and what challenges they may have faced throughout their life. I think it really allows you to see a person's true authentic self- if they're telling the truth of course but I like to think that when talking about certain topics, facial expressions say everything.
I managed to find a list of questions that I thought was perfect for getting to know someone and I think that if you can't answer a single one of these about your significant other then you need to get to know them! I hope everyone can take something from going through these with their loved one, I also found it insightful to think of my answers for each of these and I learnt a lot about myself in the process too.
Here it goes:
1. If you could speak to anyone in heaven, who would it be?
2. What memory do you replay the most in your mind?
3. Do you have any reoccurring dreams or nightmares?
4. At what age did you learn the most about yourself?
5. When was the last time you were disappointed in yourself?
6. Is there someone that you’ll never forgive?
7. Which time period do you like the best, aesthetically speaking?
8. In what ways have you grown over the course of your life?
9. Do you think your parents are proud of where you are in life?
10. Is there a teacher that you wish you could call up and thank?
11. What’s the worst physical pain that you’ve ever suffered through?
12. What couple (that you personally know) do you look up to?
13. What scent reminds you of your childhood?
14. What don’t you regret that you probably should?
15. What’s the most intimate thing a couple could do together?
16. Which song lyric has had the biggest impact on you?
17. Do you believe in ghosts, aliens, or any mythical creatures?
18. When do you feel the most attractive?
19. What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for someone else?
20. What unanswerable question bothers you the most?
21. What do you think the best part of being married is?
22. Have you ever had a premonition that came true?
23. At what age did you start to consider yourself an adult?
24. What is the meanest thing your inner voice tells you?
25. Do you consider yourself a spiritual person?
26. What do you think your purpose in life is?
27. Were you ever tempted to cheat on a past partner?
28. What do you do when you’re feeling lonely?
29. What type of animal would you like to be reincarnated as?
30. Do you believe every life has an equal value?
31. Do you daydream more about the future or your past?
32. What would instantly make you fall out of love with someone?
33. Do you believe you’re going to be a good parent?
34. What scares you the most about growing old?
35. Do you like the sound of your name?
36. Which celebrity do you think you’d be BFFs with?
37. Do you believe in fortune tellers and tarot cards?
38. How long did it take you to learn to love yourself?
39. What do you think the afterlife consists of?
40. Have you ever manipulated someone to get what you wanted?
41. Do you believe in love at first sight or do you think it takes time to grow?
42. Which celebrity death impacted you the most?
43. Do you write in script or print?
44. Which wild animal do you wish you could keep as a pet?
45. Do you believe in destiny?
46. If you had to get a tattoo to honor someone, who would it be?
47. Do you feel like anything is missing from your life?
48. What’s the most childish thing you still love to do?
49. What bad habit have you managed to break?
50. Do you believe success comes in the form of money or happiness?
Thank you for reading, I hope answering these questions can allow you to open up and gain some insight into the thoughts of your significant other!