25 Self-Discovery Questions
I personally believe that taking time out to complete some self-reflection is really important for you if you want to live your best life going forwards. You'll often hear me say 'the past is in the past' and it is actually rare that I think about things that have gone on before the present day because a lot of my experiences and memories carry sadness or pain that I don't want to relive.
However, in blocking out my past I tend to forget the positive things that I have achieved or the difficult times that I have found the strength to get through. And it is within these experiences that we can learn and embrace both strength and resilience going forward. Often when you feel lost or unsure about where you are in your life or maybe even where you see yourself heading these can be extremely useful to shape a path to future happiness.
Today I thought I'd collect together some of my favourite self-discovery/self-reflection questions that you can use whenever you feel you need to rediscover your sense of purpose and shape your plans to happiness and success. Answer them in your head, discuss them with someone you trust or maybe even write down your answers so that you can compare them or reflect on them at a future date- but whatever you do, enjoy some time for you!
1. What 10 things am I good at?
2. What 10 things do I enjoy doing?
3. What are 5 things I want to improve at?
4. What is something I need to let go of? Why?
5. Who are the people that I am jealous of? Why is this?
6. Who are the people I most admire and feel inspired by? Why?
7. What 3 things do I value the most?
8. What are the 3 main life lessons I have learnt?
9. Write a love letter to yourself
10. What 3 pieces of advice would I give to my younger self?
11. What is my favourite quote? What does it mean to me?
12. How do I want to feel?
13. If I died, how do I want to be remembered?
14. What 3 words would I use to describe myself?
15. What are three of my favourite memories?
16. If salary were no object, what job would I love to have?
17. Am I the friend that I would want to have?
18. What is my biggest regret? What can I learn from this?
19. What causes me stress? What can I do to minimise this?
20. What brings purpose to my life? How can I find more time to do this?
21. What skill do I wish I possessed?
22. What are 5 of my guilty pleasures?
23. What is my idea of a perfect day?
24. What are my 3 proudest achievements?
25. What would my dream trip consist of?
Thank you for reading and I hope these questions can be of use to you!